Thursday, May 3, 2007

I met the new OB yesterday and an insurance update

First, the positive things: Jelly Bean's heartbeat sounded great yesterday!! The new OB is moving forward with scheduling the C-section (it sure will be nice to have an actual date to look forward to!). The pediatric cardiologist and my OB are trying to decide whether to deliver me at 39 or 40 weeks, since each has a different opinion about what is best. I'll be 39 weeks on August 9 and 40 weeks on August 16, so I assume the C-section will take place sometime in that 7 day window. In addition, we did get approval back from our insurance company on all the doctors and hospitals we are considering for a second opinion, which is fantastic news!

All went fine yesterday, but I was really struggling (and continue to struggle) with having to give up my OB and change to a new one. Medically, I know I'm where I should be, but the new hospital is so large and the new OB's practice is so different that the change is just incredibly overwhelming. I feel pretty stupid for being upset over a doctor/hospital change. It seems a silly thing to worry over in the face of so many other bigger things, but for whatever reason, that's what is most on my mind right now. If you would, please offer some extra prayers this week for me to find peace with this transition and to be able to focus on the blessings we're experiencing on this journey rather than the worries and problems.

Thanks,
Lisa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all continuing to pray for JB as well as for you and Bill.

Ken Stewart family

Anonymous said...

It seems perfectly normal to me to be worried about changing OBs since your first one was so supportive and knowledgeable. I think you draw a lot of strength from educating yourself and having reasoned opinions from people you trust. You've lost, in a sense, someone you can trust, someone who was a vital part of your support system. Starting over at the new place with the new doctor introduces new stress. We've learned that trusting a doctor is not something you take for granted...for every good one there's a dozen realllly irritating ones. I pray your adjustment goes quickly. Hang in there.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Lisa and Bill,

Just wanted you to know that I have your blog saved on my favorite blogging sites and look at it whenever I check my email (which is usually only about 1 time/wk). I appreciate the emails you send out to us and our family is keeping you in constant prayer.

Lisa, one thing that I have always known about you, even as we were young and met at our family get-togethers is that you had a great knack for organization (didn't you direct and produce all of the younger cousins skits? :)) This skill seems to be helping you through the difficult road you are faced with. Draw on your strengths, God has given you these talents for every good reason, including your current dilemas and decisions you are making. Another advantage...God has certainly blessed you with a faithful and wonderful husband for you to draw additional strength from.

The small irritations you face can have just as much of an impact to your health as the big ones. I would be crushed to have to leave my current midwife and find someone new for medical care. I think that is normal to feel that way.

We love hearing from ya'll and anxious to know of any new developments!

Love,

Amy Beisel and Family

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "I agree" - it would be hard to leave my doctor and everything was normal with my babies. (Whatever normal is) All of you are in our prayers. God is going to use this to change people's lives for wonderful ways!! Love - Pam Randolph