Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Liam's (hopefully) last surgery is behind us!

Whew! It's been a long 2 1/2 years! We are happy to report that Liam no longer has a hole in his tummy! His surgery today went very well. It lasted about 45 minutes start to finish and he is recovering nicely. Thank you to all of you who kept him in your prayers! We hope his recovery is fast and pain-free. We had a bump in the road this afternoon when he refused pain meds and all liquids by mouth, but Mama and his babysitter seem to have resolved that issue by jointly tackling it. He is now resting comfortably and snuggling with Winnie-the-Pooh on the couch. Codeine is great stuff!

In Christ,
Bill and Lisa

1 comment:

Carla said...

Lisa,

I'm glad everything went so well for Liam. Watch him, though, as you take him off the codeine. I have a bad allergy to codeine. When I had it after my tonsils were removed, I developed a migraine as I tried wean myself from it. The only migraine I've ever had in my life...I was told that some people do have this reaction to codeine. Just thought you'd want to know it's in the family...