Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Insurance Company Call

I'm not sure where I summoned the energy or courage to do this, but I was struck with the sudden desire to get the phone call to our insurance company over with today so we could start the ball rolling on getting a case manager assigned to our case.

The two people I talked to were very helpful and they said someone will call back in the next 2 days for more information so they can get a case manager assigned. I am so glad that first phone call is out of the way! Having fought for almost two years with a former insurance company to pay claims that it was clearly responsible for in the past, I find it difficult to imagine navigating "the system" all over again. I am reminding myself that ultimately, the former insurance company did finally pay all they owed--it was just quite a journey to get them to do so! Hopefully things will be different with the company we're with now.

Lisa

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. -Psalm 31:24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I'm still reading and praying. I think of you, Bill, Sarah and JB every day.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Bill & Lisa,
I wanted you to know that we are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. Also, I have passed your names and blog onto a lady that I work with. Her name is Regina Crabb and her husband Jim just went through Heart Transplant surgery. She has contacts with people with the American Heart Association. She is also a Christian and faithful in her prayers. Just remain strong and God will show you His plan. In Christian Love - Pam Randolph