Friday, April 13, 2007

A Very Public Thank You to Two Special Moms!

I have been so blessed to connect with two very special moms over the course of the last week. They have provided so much support via e-mail and have been kind enough to describe our situation on their children's blog sites and ask for prayers for us. I want to take this oppportunity to publicly thank them for taking time out of their very busy lives to support me!

The first is Kelly, Baby Max's mother. You can read more about Max at http://julian-family.blogspot.com/. Kelly is one of the most inspiring Christians I have ever met (though technically, I haven't even officially met her in person yet!). Her parents attend the same church we do, and knowing them, I'm not surprised that Kelly is a woman of great faith. I have followed Max's journey since last summer or early fall (not sure exactly when), shortly after he was born. I'm not going to go into details about Max, because I really want you to take the time to read her blog in its entirety. His family's faith will be a blessing to you if you will take the time to read it.

The second mom is Faith, Baby Gavin's mother. You can read more about Gavin at http://gavinparker.blogspot.com/. Faith is also a strong Christian woman! Gavin has HLHS and has gone through two of the three major heart surgeries he faces. I also encourage you to read her blog. Gavin is adorable and I'm sure his courage and smiles speak to the reason health professionals continue to develop and perfect HLHS treatment techniques!

Please pray for both of these babies and their families. They need many of the same prayers we do, in terms of wisdom and strength to face each new day. When I get this blog site figured out completely, I'll make sure I provide a link to their blogs so you can check in on them more easily!

Lisa (a.k.a. Jelly Bean's Mama)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill and Lisa,

Please know that you and "JB" are in our thoughts and prayers. We will check the blog often for specific things to pray about as I'm sure many others will and we will bring those request before the Father. We are thankful for the news you received from Dr. Liske! We are especially praying for your #5 request on the 4/12 blog entry and asking God to give you that good gift.

We love you, Ken and Barb