Friday, April 20, 2007

Sorry it's been so long since I posted!

I've had lots of e-mails and queries about how we're doing this week. As many of you are already aware, I work in a university counseling center as a counselor. Our situation with JB has (obviously) continued to be at the forefront of our minds this week, but with the Virginia Tech shootings, it's a little hard to be overly focused on our own situation. Our hearts go out to all the VT students, staff, faculty, and parents who are dealing with this tragedy first-hand: You are all in my heart and in my prayers this week.

As for things with JB, we're somewhat in a holding pattern until the end of June when we see the cardiologist again. Because my work load increased dramatically this week, calling the insurance company and doing some "detail work" had to be put off until next week, so I don't have much news. I did meet with director of our HR department late last week and was heartened by the caring support that was offered. It appears as though we have resources we weren't even aware of, which is a tremendous blessing. The HR director pointed out that we have the best insurance plan we could have given the circumstances. We thank God that He guided us to make the choice we did.

With my old OB's assistance, I was also able to set a first appointment with the doctor who will be my new OB at Vandy. I think I mentioned below that my favorite OB/GYN in the entire world, Dr. Donna Crowe, doen't have privileges at Vandy, so we have to switch. Losing the ability to work with her has been really hard on me, as she is fantastic. There are still a few kinks to work out with the transfer to the new OB, so please pray that situation works itself out well. Another piece of good news is that I don't need to continue to see a perinatologist since the problem is with the baby's health and not with my health. That's good because it's hard to be off work twice a month to see two doctors. It's REALLY good because all the time off I take now counts against my paid maternity leave from work later, so I have to be careful about how much time I take--two doc appts every month would really have eaten into my paid time off.

Some have asked for updated prayer requests, so here you go--some things to be praying about for the next week:

1. PRAISE for the help from Dr. Crowe and Dr. Liske in finding a new OB and making things easier for Lisa.
2. PRAISE for God's provision of good insurance.
3. PRAISE for a good benefits at Lisa's workplace (and for that matter, at Bill's job, too!).
4. PRAISE for supportive people who call and e-mail "just to check in" and send cards that make us smile.
5. For complete healing for our son during this pregnancy (we will ask for the moon since God made it anyway!).
6. For strength, guidance, and wisdom as we face treatment choices and decisions.
7. For good physical health and restful sleep for Bill and Lisa as we absorb this news and make decisions.
8. For God to show us the way financially so we can provide the best medical care for our son.
9. For the strength to let this child go home to God if it becomes obvious that this is God’s answer to our prayers.

I know those last 5 haven't changed since the beginning of all of this, but those will probably remain on our list for quite some time to come.

I hope everyone has a peaceful weekend!

Lisa

1 comment:

Max's Family said...

We'll be praying for your specific requests. I was at Maple Hill this morning and was hoping to meet you, but got caught up visiting. Maybe next time! I'm so thankful for good news about insurance, etc. That's a huge deal when it comes to this kind of thing. I don't know why I haven't thought to tell you this before, but there are other financial options (you may have already heard about) that y'all will probably qualify for. Faith could probably tell you some, too. I'll email you when I'm back in AR and have more time.
Praying, Kelly