Thursday, October 9, 2008

He's in the O.R. now...

So we showed up at the hospital this morning appropriately sleep deprived and were told that insurance hadn't pre-authorized the surgery. Great. I sat there having all kinds of cognitive distortions (sorry folks, but my counselor friends will love that one!) until I just started praying that God's will be done and that He give us peace to accept whatever new plan we developed. A few minutes after I began praying, we got the news that it turned out that the doc's office hadn't made the final call to the hospital insurance office to give them the info that the insurance issue had been resolved successfully. I later asked the surgical team that was milling around if they took chickens for payment. Surgeons just don't have a very good sense of humor, you know? Maybe I should have offered my Civic Hybrid instead. I hear that's a hot ticket item these days. ;)

Therefore, we are a little behind schedule. He went in at 9:10 a.m. and we are now being told to expect a 6-7 hour surgery (I'm no longer sure who told me it would be 3-4 hours, but I don't think I just dreamed that up!). I'll post updates as I'm able today and in the coming week.

In Christ,
Lisa (and Bill, too, of course!)

No comments: