Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday morning update...

Ok, so now all the docs have stopped saying, "This is not uncommon." Liam is scheduled for a bronchoscopy at noon today, which needs to be done in the operating room. That is where they put a tiny camera down his throat to examine his trachea and windpipe to see what's causing the airway to be narrow. It will be done by an ear, nose, and throat doc (ENT). The plan today is to do the bronchoscopy and get a diagnosis and treatment plan. No one is talking about extubating anytime until after this procedure is done and we know what (if anything) caused the problems on Wednesday, which makes perfect sense. The ENT's resident came in to have me sign the consent forms and said not to count on it happening at noon, so I'm going to wait to update the blog again until we have the report back from the ENT (unless something weird happens).

In Christ,
Lisa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear. I'm trying to picture how tiny that camera is. The more answers you have the more you'll be able to deal with all this.

I'm letting some friends know you need extra prayers right now.

Karen

Gavin's Mama said...

We are praying hard!!! So sorry to hear about this, again we are here for you!!!!

Wyndi said...

My daughter has had many scopes and I wanted to let you know that you may be able to get pictures of the scope. You can ask for pictures form the scope to get a visual on what they are explaining which can help. You are in our thoughts and prayers
wyndi and izabell :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know you, Liam, Bill and the rest of the family are being held close to our hearts and we continue to pray for all of you.

Virginia

Anonymous said...

Still cheering for Liam! Praying for everyone, and am confident that the doctors will find and treat the problem. Thanks for the updates, I often find myself wondering what you are dealing with and it is so helpful to know what exactly to pray for.

Anonymous said...

I've emailed my friends and family and they are all praying for you.
Ali

Anonymous said...

I just know that Liam is going to overcome these setbacks and soon will be cuddled up with his mom and dad. :) If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'm only a short car-ride away. Candace :)