Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday p.m....

Liam passed his hearing screen!!! Yahoo!!! One less thing to worry about!

The attending cardiologist told us that if we wanted Liam to go home this weekend, we needed to put the NG tube back in to ensure we can get him all the calories at each feed. So, Lisa learned how to put a tube down Liam's nose and into his stomach (which was surprisingly easy, though I doubt Liam is a big fan of the process!). He is ready to go home now as soon as he proves to us that he can fatten himself up a little. We hope that at least by Sunday afternoon, we will find ourselves at home with him at last.

Have I mentioned how cute he is lately? What a handsome little guy! He has all the nurses wrapped around his little finger. I hope when I get home for good I can post lots of pictures!

In Christ,
Bill and Lisa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are progressing great.
We had the exact same thing happen... We (well my DH actually) had to learn how to put the NG tube into Blake, but once we were home, we never had to use it. He just seemed to do fine at home. Hopefully the same will be the case for you.
Hoping that you can go home on Sunday!

Thinking of you
Kristen (Katiebug from RD)

Anonymous said...

Great news! I hope Liam eats enough. Cynthia

Mr.Jeff said...

Great News!!! i'm so happy for you all and i can't wait to see him!! I am praying hard for you! The toddler room isn't the same without sarah, and i bet the infant room won't be the same as soon as Liam joins the crew ha ha. Keep the Faith!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Just out of curiosity (or maybe I've missed it in my reading) how much is Liam weighing in at currently?

Between Aunt Mary and myself, I believe we are keeping everyone up-to-date on Liam's progress and we are very happy that all is going so well!

Lots of love,

Amy and Co.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa! I'm so happy to hear that Liam is doing so well. :) I hope he gets to go home tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics of the little champ.

Candace

Anonymous said...

Yippppeeee!!! I am so happy for you all. What great news. I can't wait to meet him. Thank you for sharing the good news. Keep the faith and praying for him to finally come home with you all.
Love Mrs. Kathy

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! You are in our prayers! We know he is going to do well~
can't wait to see the crew~
In Christ,
Angie